Hi! I’m Jane. And Honey + Spice is a look into the culinary adventures that take place in my kitchen. Join me on my adventures which include yummy, easy recipes, often with lots of wine. I believe that each person, whether they enjoy cooking or have never picked up a spatula in their life, has the ability to make fresh, homemade meals for their loved ones. And hopefully have fun while doing it!
A few things about me:
- First off, let me be clear. I love food. I live for food.
Phew. I am glad I got that out there.
- I am of the belief that anyone can cook. It just takes some planning, dedication, and practice. And maybe some wine.
- I cook with simple ingredients that you can find in your local grocery store.
- I am all about trying new things. There is no food I will not try once.
- Sometimes, I like to cook healthy. Other times, I like to spurge. Life is all about that balance, guys.
- The cheeseboard is God’s gift to this world; an ever-dynamic appetizer or shared course that reflects both the seasonal bounties and dairy wonders of our earth. If you invite me to a party, I might think you just want me there for my cheeseboard. But I am OK with that.
- I am a dog lover. You might see our lab, Hondo, make an appearance from time to time. Sidenote: Hondo loves broccoli, and any fresh produce really (see here for canine-friendly foods). He is often spotted standing underneath the cutting board as we chop up the night’s vegetables, ready to pounce on the next runaway brussels sprout stem before our hands can pick it up.
I have to thank my husband, Lee, for being my life-long taste tester and cheerleader. And for making grilled cheeses when I burned the real dinner in the oven.