Orzo is a fantastic ingredient for salads and soups. It is a surprisingly great source of protein and fiber; a 2/3 cup serving boosts 7.1 grams of protein! This lemony orzo salad relies on crisp cucumbers, feta cheese and bright cherry tomatoes to keep it light and refreshing. It basically screams summer right from the bowl. This salad is perfect as a side to grilled chicken or even as a main course for lunch.
Greek Orzo Salad
- 2 cups cooked orzo about 3/4 cup raw orzo, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 heaping cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 5 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and dijon mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, combine orzo, tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese and dressing. Chill in the fridge at least 30 minutes prior to serving.