I got this really delicious whole grain mustard at the grocery store the other day, and we have been putting it on everything: turkey sandwiches, serving it with cheese boards or just eating it straight from the jar with a spoon. I started to think of how good this mustard would be in a dressing, and man was I happy with the end result!
Shredding brussels sprouts has a way of turning them into this completely different, yet amazing, crunchy leafy green. You can either shred brussels by slicing them into thin strips with a very sharp knife, or pulse them in a food processor. I then tossed them into a bowl with some bacon, toasted pine nuts, parmesan cheese and of course the delicious mustard dressing.
This crisp, light, vibrant salad is a great side with any protein.
16 ounces brussels sprouts, stem removed
5 ounces ounces bacon
1 ounce parmesan, shredded
1 ounces pine nuts
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 teaspoons dijon mustard
3 teaspoons whole grain mustard
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons pepper
- Cook bacon in pan until crispy. Let cool and chop into small pieces. Drain pan and wipe clean.
- Toast pine nuts in pan over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes until fragrant and slightly toasted.
- Shred the brussels either in a food processor or by slicing them into thin strips with a very sharp knife.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, apple cider vinegar and pepper.
- Combine brussels, bacon, pine nuts and shredded parmesan in a large bowl. Toss together with the honey mustard dressing.