Another day, another Asian-inspired meal! I know, I know, I have been on an Asian kick lately, but the sauces and flavors just produce the tastiest foods. Also, I might have a slight addiction to anything slightly resembling Asian food (which I am totally okay with).
This dish gives a genius twist to the traditional chicken and rice we all grow up with. Plus, it’s a one pot meal and has a healthy dose of broccoli added in. You can start marinating the chicken in the morning or during lunch, and then the rest is easy when you get home.
The flavors in this dish are unreal, you and your guests will certainly be getting up for seconds.
4 skin on, bone in chicken thighs
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups Jasmine or Basmati rice
2 cups broccoli florets
Optional: Red Thai chilis or Fresno chilis, sliced
Optional: Green onion, sliced
Optional: Lime wedges
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon Sriracha
1 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Reserve half of marinade in the fridge later use.
- Toss chicken in other half of marinade and let marinate in the fridge for 3-6 hours.
- Once chicken has marinated, heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil in skillet on medium-high heat. Sear chicken about 2 minutes on each side until browned. Remove chicken and set aside. Wipe down skillet with paper towel.
- Heat another 2 tablespoons sesame oil in skillet on medium-high heat. Add rice and toast for about 2 minutes. Add chicken broth to pan, cover, and let boil about 5 minutes until most of the broth has evaporated.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add chicken and broccoli to the rice, and top with remaining marinade sauce (making sure to get it on the chicken and broccoli)
- Bake skillet, covered, in oven for 30 minutes (lid or foil will do). Remove cover and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Optional: Top with chilis and green onion, and serve with lime wedges.